Kiki The App LLC Privacy Notice for California Residents
Kiki The App LLC Privacy Notice for European Residents
Last Updated: August 22, 2022
- Information We Collect and How We Collect Information
- Third-Party Information Collection
- How We Use Your Information
- Choices About How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
- Disclosure of Your Information
- Social Networking Services
- Links to Third-Party Sites and Services
- Do Not Track Signals
- Data Retention
- Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- Children Under the Age of 13
- International Users
- Information Applicable to EU Users
- Contact Information
Information We Collect and How We Collect Information
This policy sets out what personal data we might collect, how we process and protect that data and the lawful grounds for that processing. In most cases, the lawful ground will be that the processing: (i) is necessary for our legitimate interests in carrying out our business, including to grow and improve our Services, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests (“Legitimate Interests”), (ii) is necessary to perform a contract with you (“Contract”), or (iii) we have a legal obligation to carry out the processing (“Legal Obligation”). Where processing is based on your consent (“Consent”), we will identify the processing purposes and provide you with relevant information to make the processing fair and transparent.
Information You Provide
We may collect information you provide directly via the Services. We may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services, submit comments and other content, or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Your name
- Your email address
The information you provide may include Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally (whether alone or in combination).
Third-Party Information Collection
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, and other technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
The information collected and stored by third parties remains subject to their policies and practices. We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used.
We currently use the services of the following third-party vendors, who may collect your information. You can click on the hyperlinks below to view their privacy policies.
- We use Mailchimp for email signup.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including Personal Information, to measure usage of the Services, to analyze the effectiveness of our Services, to conduct research, to improve and enhance functionality of the Services, to provide support for the Services and respond to requests and inquiries, to provide you with notices, such as updates or changes that we may make to the Services, and to market and advertise the Services, including through promotional e-mail messages, directly or in partnership with other parties.
We may from time to time aggregate information in certain data analysis, reports, or other interpretations of trends for both internal and external purposes.
Choices About How We Collect, Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding our collection, use and disclosure of the information you provide to us. The mechanisms listed below aim to provide you with control over such collection, use and disclosure:
- Marketing Communications. If you do not want us to send you marketing or promotional communications, you can opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any such promotional emails, checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or emailing us at email@example.com.
- Mobile Analytics. If you are using our App, we use Mobile Device IDs, instead of cookies, to recognize you. We use the Mobile Device IDs and other mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. These Mobile Device IDs are only tracking and collecting Non-Personal Information. The software may record information such as how often you use the Services, the events that occur within the App, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the App was downloaded from.
- Third-Party Advertising. If you are interested in more information about tailored advertising and your choices to prevent third parties from delivering tailored web advertisements, you may visit the following websites: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. These opt-out tools are provided by third parties. We do not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
Disclosure of Your Information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect. We may disclose information that we collect through the Services with third parties as follows:
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our agents and service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host the Services, manage databases, host a store or other e-commerce platform, perform analyses, or conduct surveys.
- Other Parties When Required By Law or as Necessary to Protect the Services. We may disclose your information to third parties in order to protect the legal rights, safety, and security of Kiki the App LLC and the users of our Services; enforce our Terms of Service; prevent fraud; and comply with or respond to law enforcement or a legal process or a request for cooperation by a government or other entity, whether or not legally required.
- In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other Parties With Your Consent. We may share information about you with other third parties when you consent to such sharing.
- Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
Links to Third-Party Sites and Services
Do Not Track Signals
Third parties may keep track of your browsing activities across third party websites. California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) provides that California residents are entitled to know we respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals. Certain web browsers enable users to activate a “Do Not Track” signal but we do not currently respond to the “Do Not Track” signal or other similar mechanisms.
You acknowledge that Kiki the App LLC may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including the maximum storage space that will be allotted on Kiki the App LLC’s servers on your behalf. You further acknowledge that Kiki the App LLC reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion. We will endeavor to give you notice of any such change where required by applicable law.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you wish to access, update, correct or delete any Personal Information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services, you may log into your account and make updates. If you wish to make changes not available through your account settings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information provided to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to us via the Internet. In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, Kiki the App LLC will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law.
Notice to California Residents
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a calendar year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure that the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems. To request any other changes or information about our collection, use or disclosure of your information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are intended for users who are 13 years of age and older. If you are under the age of 13, you are not permitted to submit any Personal Information to us. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please note that the Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States. Some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own.
Information Applicable to EU Users
The General Data Protection Regulation or "GDPR" gives certain rights to individuals in the European Union in relation to their personal data. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of Access - the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure - the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object:
- The right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on
- grounds relating to your particular situation;
- The right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability - the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making - the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.